America's Roundhouse Grand Ballroom
28 Aug 2010, by zapgrafx
Built in 1856 as a car building and repair shop for the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad. Originally, twenty-two stalls were built to house and repair locomotives.
After a steady decline of railroad services the Roundhouse lay empty and deteriorating for many years until 1995 when former Chicago Bear Hall of Famer Walter Payton and partners Scott Ascher, Pam Ascher and Mark Alberts redeveloped it.
Now a favorite night spot in Downtown Aurora featuring ballrooms, nightclubs a Walter Payton Museum, Brewer and more.
Canon 40D, 10-22mm
Location & Nearby - United States
|This panorama was shot here.||One panorama here - click to view|
|Many panoramas here - click for details/zoom|