Kelvingrove Park Bandstand
8 Oct 2009, by elevation360
The bandstand within Kelvingrove Park was built in 1924 and designed by James Millar.
It was a popular location for outdoor music, especially the Free Music Festivals sponsored by Glasgow's Radio Clyde, until it became neglected and vandalised around 1995.
Currently there are a few organisations working to seek to restore the bandstand and also bring back the free music festivals.
A website has been set up to try to compile archive materials and maintain a lasting record of the music festivals at www.kelvingrovefestival.co.uk.
D100 & PTGui
Location & Nearby - United Kingdom
|This panorama was shot here.||One panorama here - click to view|
|Many panoramas here - click for details/zoom|