messages 31-45 of 124
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 5 next next last
Author  Message 
mediavets

Re: samyang 7,5 m.m. specifications -- it's on eBay
Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 11:04 GMT
updated: 10 Sep 2011 at 11:05 GMT

thomash2 said:

I downloaded one of his samples, which is of the church, he did 6 around at level, then 2 at +45, and one hand held nadir shot. It sounds like he did the 2 at +45 also hand held, is that right?

No, I think he did these with the NN3 - but the Olympus PEN has an offset tripod mount - and he didn't have the NN Txx-adapter to handle that - that's why he choose to use Viewpoint Correction on those shots because the camera/lens was not at NPP.

Andrew
alert moderator
thomash2

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:22 GMT
I wish I still had access to a laser cutter. I was looking at my Bophoto bracket for FC-E8 and was think about how I would make a plywood bracket for the Nex and Samyang and I've got a design in mind for fixing it at +15. It would be extremely compact if the Nex is turned heavy side up. I also have an idea in mind with an adjustable arm for other inclinations using a star shaped slot.

Maybe I should look for work at a laser cutting shop in Christchurch and siphon off some laser time on the weekends, I would need the camera and lens to play with though =)
alert moderator
Hans Nyberg

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:34 GMT
updated: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:41 GMT

thomash2 said:

I wish I still had access to a laser cutter. I was looking at my Bophoto bracket for FC-E8 and was think about how I would make a plywood bracket for the Nex and Samyang and I've got a design in mind for fixing it at +15. It would be extremely compact if the Nex is turned heavy side up. I also have an idea in mind with an adjustable arm for other inclinations using a star shaped slot.

Maybe I should look for work at a laser cutting shop in Christchurch and siphon off some laser time on the weekends, I would need the camera and lens to play with though =)

Why would you fix it at +15.

On the NEX the 7.5mm will do 181 degrees vertically after you shaved it.
+2 degrees is more than enough.
Also because it will not fill the sensor up it will have alarge horisontal FOV of around 125 degrees.

Hans
alert moderator
juann

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 15:55 GMT
updated: 12 Sep 2011 at 16:12 GMT
review (poland):www.optyczne.pl/241.1-Test_obiektywu-Samyang_7.5_...
good news: sunshade is plastic
alert moderator
Hans Nyberg

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 16:11 GMT
Looks like the sharpness falls already at F11 just like my tests on the Panasonic 8mm shows.

www.optyczne.pl/241.4-Test_obiektywu-Samyang_7.5_...ść_obrazu.html

Panasonic8mm

Hans
alert moderator
Qwerty

Re: samyang 7,5 m.m. specifications
Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:10 GMT
The review is out in english over at lenstip
www.lenstip.com/index.php?test=obiektywu&test_ob=...

Looks like an amazing performer, just placed my order!

Not sure if it has the stereographic projection that their 8mm fish has. Love that projection for the way it handles subjects near the frame edge for non-pano photography compared to a traditional fish like my Zeiss 16mm f2.8 Distagon.

All M43 lenses are optimized at around f4 or f5.6 before diffraction starts kicking in so talking about their performance at f8 or above is pretty pointless.
alert moderator
juann

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 16:37 GMT
just at my hands: very little , I tested it very fast over NEX with sunshade and this adapter:www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1...:X:AAQ:US:1123 , with this adapter doesn´t focus at infity devil so my test is at f:22 to get decent focus, my DIY pano head not exactly calibrated.Tried pano with 3 photos but not enough. Ptgui dates:max width x heigh pano pixels:8772 x 4386 (nex 5),focal lengh:7,9 m.m. HFV:166,4
I´ll test lens on m4/3 body to know if de focus failure is about the lens or adapter...
link to panorama 50% quality and one photo:www.megaupload.com/?d=Q8JCLTJ7
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 16:57 GMT
Juann,

Thanks for the link. My lens hasn't arrived as yet. Still, I'm on the other end of the earth so that's somewhat understandable! Good to see it covers the expected FOV on the NEX (shave that hood!).

Not sure why you are looking for focus at infinity setting? You want the hyperfocal distance and f/22 ain't going to be very useful.

Hopefully in a day or two I'll be able to put it through some tests also.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
juann

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 17:08 GMT
Hi Smooth , at this lens 2 meters is infinity , with this bad adapter the only way to get decent focus at 2-5 meters is at f:22 and infinity
Cheers
Juan
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 17:13 GMT

juann said:

Hi Smooth , at this lens 2 meters is infinity , with this bad adapter the only way to get decent focus at 2-5 meters is at f:22 and infinity
Cheers
Juan
OK, I understand what you saying. You didn't mean the infinity scale marking of the lens. Hmm, testing in the hand is the only way. I have to wait.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Qwerty

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 18:06 GMT
I'll post some test shots (non-pano) with my E-P2 when it arrives. Will have to order the Nodal Ninja off center tripod mount adapter before I shoot any panos.
alert moderator
DennisS

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 18:18 GMT
Smooth,

It will be interesting to see which one of us gets the lens first. Which is quicker from Poland, US or AUS? With my luck it will get here next week when I am out of town.

Dennis
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 20:06 GMT
updated: 13 Sep 2011 at 20:07 GMT

DennisS said:

Smooth,

It will be interesting to see which one of us gets the lens first. Which is quicker from Poland, US or AUS? With my luck it will get here next week when I am out of town.
Yeah we'll see, I ordered the day of release (on ebay) 1 week ago today. Whatever the case I have to add an extra day because I'm out in the sticks away from the capital cities.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
juann

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 20:10 GMT

Smooth said:

Juann,

Thanks for the link. My lens hasn't arrived as yet. Still, I'm on the other end of the earth so that's somewhat understandable! Good to see it covers the expected FOV on the NEX (shave that hood!).

Not sure why you are looking for focus at infinity setting? You want the hyperfocal distance and f/22 ain't going to be very useful.

Hopefully in a day or two I'll be able to put it through some tests also.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au

Smooth , please , can you measure the m 43 to nex adaptor thickness? some sources says 2 m.m. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance, others:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount 1,25 m.m.
Thanks
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 20:22 GMT

juann said:

Smooth , please , can you measure the m 43 to nex adaptor thickness?
My digital verniers say the outside lip is 2.10mm on average. I purchased mine way back in March. I don't have any micrometers here to measure the surface (but it's looks to be about half the thickness). Maybe this is the confusion between the two?

Dennis has one, maybe he can help with more accurate tools?

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
messages 31-45 of 124
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 5 next next last