back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
messages 16-20 of 20
first prev prev 1 2 next next last
Author  Message 
John Houghton

Re: Problems with Samyang 8mm f/3.5
Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 18:33 GMT
Specify the lens as Fullframe, 9mm, crop 1.5. Remember to mask away everything but the flat floor from the viewpoint nadir.

John
alert moderator
Octavias

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 20:58 GMT
Thank you guys!

I tried to stitch it on my own by following your directions and it worked! but i did have to change some values that i never did before. And the masked worked good after i put "set parameters for this photo only" for the nadir and masked it out the way John did.

Even thought it was an excellent stitch that you did John, i still had paralax in one area there. How do you think I can avoid that? Should i set up my nodal point a little better or keep an eye on my levels more?

-Max
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 5:45 GMT

Octavias said:

... the masked worked good after i put "set parameters for this photo only" for the nadir and masked it out the way John did.
I think you'll find the masking in my project .pts file is of the exact same principle.

Octavias said:

Even thought it was an excellent stitch that you did John, i still had paralax in one area there. How do you think I can avoid that? Should i set up my nodal point a little better or keep an eye on my levels more?

-Max
It is a matter of control points and the spread that they have from top to bottom. You have the option to add more control points either manually or by holding down the Shift key and drawing a box, right click add control points here. It is also important to remove bad control points with high pixel values. You can start with from Menu>Control Points>Delete Worse Control Point (or Ctrl+Shift+W) and then re-optimize (F5) and check control points once again.

Your NPP as stated before doesn't really need any adjusting.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 6:13 GMT
Max, I agree with Smooth that the NPP setting looks fine, but can you let us have copies of the three nadir images please, as they might tell us a little more about the setup of the head?

John
alert moderator
Octavias

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 22:54 GMT
Roger that guys! I am currently in the middle of moving to a new apartment so I am all over the place.

Will post the 3 shots ASAP.
alert moderator
messages 16-20 of 20
first prev prev 1 2 next next last