Forum: Q & A

Thread: Its possible to create 360 panorama with animated gifs?

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Peter Berger

Its possible to create 360 panorama with animated gifs?
Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 15:12 GMT
By animated gifs I mean this (where only part of the photograph is moving):
fromme-toyou.tumblr.com/tagged/cinemagraph (its pretty easy to create it if you can find the good loop point)
This could be interesting boost for 360 panos... What do you think?
alert moderator
Trausti - FFC

Re: Its possible to create 360 panorama with animated gifs?
Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 17:03 GMT
Yes you can.

But only if you are using Flashificator with FPP. No other panorama software supports animated gifs.

Trausti
goo.gl/nKqnr
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 17:26 GMT
Or you simply convert the animated .gif to .swf and then you can use a multitude of panorama players.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
vn2009

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 19:10 GMT
with krpanos looping actions you can use 3-4 small icons and create the animated gif effect using xml. it would then be usable on both flash and html5.
alert moderator
Trausti - FFC

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 20:31 GMT
updated: 4 Oct 2011 at 20:34 GMT
One can also make some java coding and have animation to appear in a java panorama player... one could eventually also write some perl script and have that do some gif animation effects...

Or... as it was said already: It is possible to use animated gif's with FPP+FFC.

There is no other player that can do it. That addresses the question properly.

And to "simply" convert the gif to swf is not that simple... compared to SIMPLY dragging and dropping the animated gif into a FFC project.

The question was simple... and the initial answer was simple. All the extra workarounds for other players are not really addressing the original question.

Other players can not. Period.
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 20:42 GMT
It's an open forum and people add to it with options and workarounds.

Just about all animating software that produces animated .gifs also has export to .swf as an option (No extra work involved). That you can use with other software or even with FPP+FCC

I couldn't give a flying **** what people end up using. But people don't need to be limited in a thread to an advertisement from the developer. Nor should they be robbed of the alternatives because you suggest it all ends with FPP+FCC PERIOD.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Trausti - FFC

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 20:59 GMT
Advertisement? Telling the truth when a question is asked is advertisement when a "certain" person responds? I would have thought you to be more of a human than to categorize people like that?

Safari browser pano conversion from FPP is a simple thing to do as well... simply make your project and simply do some other things and stuff, and you end up with it in the format of your choice.

The above example is not really addressing the reality is it? It could be called a "workaround" or... as I would label it: Complete junk info that no one asked for.

And no, I don't give flying stars for advertising or those who distort the truth.

Always when asked, I tell people that if they really need safari panos, they should look towards KRP or Pano2VR.... is that advertising in your view as well? Or is it not, because I am not behind either company? I tell it as it is, and I thought you did the same, but obviously I was mistaken.

Fact still remains: Only one panorama player can be used with animated gif's. PERIOD.

Then there are workarounds and more workarounds and even more workarounds, none of which will contain animated gif's as orginally asked for.
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 at 21:17 GMT
Black and White.
You simply didn't like that I and others offered an alternative, it turned into an advertisement the moment you replied with your PERIOD post.

Shooting straight is all I know, you should know that better than most.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Trausti - FFC

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 at 0:58 GMT
Ah well... all I know is that my answer was straight to the point. The other answers were (paraphrased) "No, but you can do something different... and take a shower too".
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 at 1:34 GMT
Yes and hopefully you get a sale out of it Trausti.
Great offerings, belittle and disrespect others for offering an alternate route and sit high on your own.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Trausti - FFC

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 at 1:58 GMT
Take a beer and stop being a sissy smile No disrespecting intended... just as I am sure you didn't intend to disrespect me initially (?). If you read disrespect out of it, one of two things has happened: You have reading difficulties, or I have writing difficulties. Surely both of us can live with such things. wink
alert moderator
DennisS

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 at 2:46 GMT
Simple question:
"Its possible to create 360 panorama with animated gifs?"

Equally complex answer:
Yes.
alert moderator
Sam Rohn

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 at 5:50 GMT
also see these instructions for creating a "chrono-panorama" w krpano

krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID...

www.maelbathfield.net/photo/krpano/ChronoPanorama...

sam
alert moderator
ilian

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 23:06 GMT
Hi.

You can make gif as you want. You can make gif in photoshop, gimp, in command line with imagemagick or use online service like my how-to-make-gif.com , if you want use it remember that you can make gif from video or from pictures, just upload it.

Also if you want create 360 panorama you need a lot of frames for quality gif, but a lot of frames dramatically increase gif size. Gif is very old and not optimal format sad

If you decide make gif with any software which described above don't forget make you gif cycled. It mean that after last frame first frame will show again. On my site this is auto option which enabled by default.

Please check how-to-make-gif.com
alert moderator
Raghav

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:10 GMT
Can someone recommend a good GIF to SWF converter?
alert moderator