back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
messages 46-47 of 47
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 next next last
Author  Message 
Smooth

Re: Sony NEX 5 - Samyang Fisheye - Panorama Sample
Posted: 4 Apr 2011 at 18:02 GMT
I read on Samyang website tinyurl.com/samyang-news in the article dated February 28, 2011 that an Sony NEX E mount 8mm Fisheye for (video) and soon to be released the same for Sony NEX 3/5 still cameras.

So good by to adapter! ... although I must say that this image looks a lot like the adapter I have fitted to a Samyang fisheye!

This also brings me back to modifying (shaving) the yet to be released 7.5mm Fisheye for M43 Micro 4/3rds and maybe fitting it to the Sony NEX to minimise shots required. tinyurl.com/samyang-news See article dated 7th March, 2011

An adapter to Sony NEX is available. Search eBay "Micro 4/3 M43 to Sony Nex Adaptor"

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Smooth

Re: Sony NEX 5 - Samyang Fisheye - Panorama Sample
Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 17:26 GMT
Haven't put a lot of time into these combinations and I've been meaning to, but it's winter here and my enthusiasm has waned with the dropping tempeture.

Anyway, here is the Sony NEX adapted to the old favourites the Nikon FC-E8 and FC-E9 via thread adapters.

My images show it connected to the 16mm Pancake lens, but in fact it is better to use the 18-55mm lens so that you can zoom. Results can be "as good and any I've seen with the FC-E8/9" but still a long way from even the Sony Fisheye Adapter quality.

Anyway, thought it was worth showing as the images were just clogging up my harddrive.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
messages 46-47 of 47
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 next next last