Thread: Pano module or plugin for Joomla

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
halflife

Pano module or plugin for Joomla
Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 14:48 GMT
Hello dear panographers!
Do I have another option instead of av-pano?
www.avisiter.com/fr/free-downloads/9-avpano-panor...
I've done a site for a school and they don't want to spend 34 euros every year to display the panos on their site. It was my idea to implement a VR tour and I need a free solution. Av-pano has a free part but doesn't working... at least not for me. Anyway I want to try something else too and I thought you maybe know some good plugin or module for Joomla... Or there's another solution? Thank you!

All the best,
Eugen.
alert moderator
Thomas Krueger

Re: Pano module or plugin for Joomla
Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 15:05 GMT
updated: 14 Sep 2010 at 15:07 GMT
You can use the website www.viewat.org for free panorama hosting and the ViewAt! module for Joomla:
joomla-extensions.yourdada.com/extensions/images-...

DevalVr: joomla-extensions.yourdada.com/extensions/images-...

Or have a look at the Panosalado viewer, but I don't know how to get it into Joomla: os.ivrpa.org/panosalado/
alert moderator
halflife

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 17:39 GMT
Thanks! The second option you gave me is actually the av-pano from avisiter joomla-extensions.yourdada.com/extensions/images-...
alert moderator
halflife

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:42 GMT
No other options? sad I need some help guys...pls!
alert moderator
DenisSS

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:50 GMT
I know that one of the web programmers who put one of my tours onto a Joomla site used this:

www.yootheme.com/tools/free-stuff/yooeffects

I think it links directly to the swf, which might make things less fiddly.

Jon
alert moderator
halflife

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:15 GMT
Thank you Jon!
I'll give it a try even if on their site DevalVR isn't mentioned (I prefer that instead of flash) or maybe there's a solution to implement DevalVR...

Here is a printscreen of the av-pano in joomla:

Maybe somebody knows how to deal with it. As you can see I have this error "JFolder::files: Path is not a folder" in the upper left corner, and if you look at the flash and DevalVR settings you'll see this way: "modules/av_pano/panofiles" Well, there is no av_pano folder in the modules folder and if I create one and put everything inthere still doesn't work and still the same error!
On Joomla forum I find no answer and the comunity support is way way under the Panoguide. This is the most helping and quick answering forum on the planet! I mean it!
alert moderator
JoomlaExpert

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:45 GMT
Can you provide me with the URL in question? Sometimes it's best to use a custom module with Jumi and assign it a custom USER position in the template, sometimes it's better to just code right on top of the template.

I can make pretty much anything fit and if this site is solid I might be open to find a solution for free as long as they give me some link credit and refer me some work if possible wink

www.anonsolutions.com

or email me at:

info (at) anonsolutions.com

Cheers!
alert moderator
NYCreate

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 19:03 GMT
updated: 16 Sep 2010 at 19:07 GMT
We just publish them as SWF mainly and drop them straight in or just copy the code from a normal html page straight into a joomla article. Very easy really.
No need of any extra modules or components unless your wanting to do a specific task with them?
You can also setup alias links within the panos if need be to different parts of your site etc and add googlemap function with panos pop ups etc etc
Are you looking for any specific function? or are you looking for viewer rather than a way to implement them in Joomla?
PM me if you need any more help. happy to point you in the right direction.

Regards.
alert moderator
Philip Warner

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 20:39 GMT
I didn't need anything special when I created my website from a Joomla template. I'm not a programmer and managed to get it working using the standard modules.

360photopro.com/

Phil
alert moderator
Pierre Gielen

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 20:14 GMT
You can use Sourcerer to embed an iframe within an article in Joomla. I think that will do the trick...
alert moderator
halflife

Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:29 GMT
Hello again,
I thought I'll use DevalVr but it looks like I don't find the right configuration so I will give Panosalado a try and after everything is ready I'll use Sourcerer to put the code in joomla. Thank you Pierre! My question is: Panosalado needs a .xml file - flashvars.path = "pano/pano_f.xml". Can someone point me to a tutorial or something to see what this .xml file must contain? If I understad corectly Panosalado needs only the cube tiles so if I have the 6 jpeg's + the .xml + the .swf player I'm good to go... right? Please help!
Thank you!
alert moderator
halflife

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 8:57 GMT
sad
Nobody...
Well anyway, I've searched the net and found this links... maybe somebody will need this informations someday... but it looks like there are only a few people in the entire world using Panosalado and all of them managed to do the things alone....
code.google.com/p/universalmap/wiki/PanoSaladoCon...
panozona.com/wiki/Main_Page
github.com/mstandio/SaladoConverter
code.google.com/p/universalmap/source/browse/trun...#
alert moderator