Forum: Q & A

Thread: Weird Line in panorama

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
takeme360

Weird Line in panorama
Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 23:50 GMT
Newbie here. After pubishing my pano, I noticed a weird line where the edges connect. www.takeme360.com/line/

Does this have something to do with HDR images? How do I correc this?
Cheers,
J
alert moderator
NYCreate

Re: Weird Line in panorama
Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 0:20 GMT
updated: 14 Nov 2008 at 0:21 GMT
This looks like its something to do with the ways its been edited. I presume this line is on the 'join' line of the pano or at the edges of your EQ image? I have seen this lots of times when effects have been applied to the image in PS. Especially if the pano is on a 'layer' rather than flattened to background. Open the pano in PS and use Offset (filter - other - offset) and see if the line appear. I suspect it will. You can either edit it out this way or redo your original image.
alert moderator
klaus mayer

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 1:20 GMT
I experienced vertical lines after using Irfanview to resize the image. Irfanview suffers from a rounding error on some large images which creates a vertical line on the right hand side of the resized image.
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 7:26 GMT
When resizing the equirectangular image down in Photoshop, always make sure that it has been flattened to form a background layer. (Check the options on the Layer menu and if the Flatten option is not greyed out, you need to use that option). This will avoid the feint light line at the join. Differences of brightness on either side of the join can be caused by some adjustment tools, e.g. heavy-handed use of the Shadow/Highlight tool. As Rudders suggested, using the offset filter enables you to check for problems at the join and correct them if necessary.

John
alert moderator
takeme360

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 12:32 GMT
You guys nailed it. I offset the image then flattened it. No more line. Thx!
alert moderator