Thread: Carel Struycken Promotional Shoot for Nodal Ninja

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Bill Bailey
[NodalNinja]

Carel Struycken Promotional Shoot for Nodal Ninja
Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 1:41 GMT
Carel enjoys using Nodal Ninja to create many of his panoramas. Because of his high regard for the product he was more than happy to give us his endorsement.

We meet up with him near the Golden Gate Bridge and did a promotional shoot just a couple weeks ago.
He's a gentle giant of a man (7ft) and very humble.
We owe him many thanks.

In between acting gigs he enjoys doing HDR Panoramas, and Virtual Tours.

Thanks Carel

Bill
alert moderator
Smooth

Re: Carel Struycken Promotional Shoot for Nodal Ninja
Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 4:35 GMT
Good work Bill,

... and what a nice gesture from Carel.

Great promo work Bill and good thinking taking the ladder! wink

The good old USA, Lights, Camera's, Movie Stars and Panorama's. What's next Bill?

Regards, Smooth cool
www.smooth360.com
alert moderator
Rosauro

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 4:51 GMT
Wow. Now that's tall! I've actually never met anyone that's 7 feet tall. Thanks for sharing Bill!

Rosauro
alert moderator
fiero

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 6:21 GMT
Nice! smile
alert moderator
Bill Bailey
[NodalNinja]

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 6:26 GMT

Smooth said:

Good work Bill,
... and what a nice gesture from Carel.
Great promo work Bill and good thinking taking the ladder! wink
The good old USA, Lights, Camera's, Movie Stars and Panorama's. What's next Bill?
Regards, Smooth cool
www.smooth360.com

Thanks mate!
It was a fun shoot and VERY generous of Carel to drive up from LA to do it!
Don't let the sunny day fool you. It was a winter day on the San Francisco Bay - COLD!! Carel was a brave man when he took off his coat and put on the tails....brrr. The window to shoot was small and we were all looking for some HOT coffee afterwards - yes we found it!
Carel may be tall but he has a very down to earth aura.
Did a sample run the day before in prep so figured the 6ft ladder was a must for the shot shown.
What's next? Well lets just say we have irons in the fire smile
Cheers
Bill

ps - hey you're coming up on your 1,000th post. That's worthy of notice. Nothing like the posts in Easypano but still worthy of note.
alert moderator
Bill Bailey
[NodalNinja]

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 6:39 GMT

Rosauro said:

Wow. Now that's tall! I've actually never met anyone that's 7 feet tall. Thanks for sharing Bill!
Rosauro

Thanks Rosauro,
If you ever meet Carel (maybe at a Star Trek convention) you would be more like "hey - I never met a guy so down to earth".
After the shoot we went to the local cafe - it was packed! But not a problem picking out Carel in the crowd smile
Shoots like this are fun stuff! It's funny how the girlfriends of my helpers all wanted to show.
I must say his lovely wife Tracy was a jewel and also deserves credit for assisting and sharing in the experience.
thx Tracy

Bill
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 at 7:57 GMT
Wow..if a 7ft giant serve a NN3 to someone who look at him from above, no doubts that one of the smallest panohead on the market suits anyone..

Good idea!

Dorin
alert moderator
David Marine

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 at 2:58 GMT
updated: 5 Feb 2007 at 3:03 GMT
Bill,

I think it is a very well done pictue with a clever composition that accomplishes the essential goals:

1. Showcase the Nodal Ninja 3
2. Make Carel clearly identifiable, which easy to do, IMHO, by viewing his face as much as his height. I also enjoy the clever tie-in to his Lurch the butler character, which adds to his identifiability.

I think it was very generous of Carel to donate his time and the quality of your photo makes it worth while.

Finally, I must say, I have long enjoyed Carel's HDR VRs even before I knew who he was. I am grateful to him for making such breathtaking VRs available to someone, such as myself, who cannot spend the time or money to travel and see the vistas myself.

Thank you,

- David
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 at 7:27 GMT
updated: 5 Feb 2007 at 10:10 GMT
The photo is great and it has a target, Carel is well known for SF fans, remember the hug from Men in Black, and Star Trek so on
For a promotional (comercial photo) the trick is to make the viewer to realise the actor size, The viewer will say..isn't that the tall guy from MIB ?, instead of plain show the size.

As I said, good idea Bill, and you know.. NN3 being so small one can carry on the beach very easy, so for the next promotional, some BayWatch actresses will be just fine, same angle please smile

Dorin
alert moderator