Forum: Q & A

Thread: Pricing

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Vicki

Pricing
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 at 21:32 GMT
Can any of you give me an idea on how to charge for a Panorama of a house that will be put into a website? I don't have the specs on the house as yet, will be meeting the client later.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
alert moderator
James Rigg
[Panoguide]

Re: Pricing
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 at 21:49 GMT
updated: 17 Aug 2004 at 21:51 GMT
For me, the price for a panoramic shoot depends on several factors:
* how many pictures are wanted
* how much time it will actually take me to do the job, including travel time
* whether the client wants me to do more than just shoot and provide them with the images, and if so, how much more
* whether the client wants exclusive copyright or similar

For example, if the client wants 6 panoramas shot in a large house and I can do the whole lot in a morning and stitch and email/post them that afternoon, then I may as well price up a day's work and not bother to quote some kind of "per panorama" pricing. That is what I tend to do - work out how long it will take me to do the job and then charge for my time plus expenses.
alert moderator
gortons

Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 2:15 GMT
You also want to be competitive in your pricing. See if someone in your area offers the VR service and find out what they charge. You might not charge the same but it'll at least give you an idea.
alert moderator
PeterDk

Posted: 9 Oct 2004 at 18:30 GMT
I'd like to follow up on this post, although it was a few months ago. Can anyone give any direction where someone in North America (I'm in Canada) might get an idea of how much to price tours at? I realize there are numerous variables, but I'm interested in just a general overview.

thanks,
PeterDk
alert moderator
Mathew Waehner

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 at 3:19 GMT
Be aware that VR pricing for the real estate market has reached rock bottom $60(US) is a decent rate and $100 is a high end tour.

Tours for other commercial clients, such as tourism, hotels, architects should be a different price for a better quality image.

Virtual tour pricing is currently lower than still photo pricing, but if the tour has value for the client, the price should match the level of skill you bring to the shoot.
alert moderator
PeterDk

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 0:33 GMT
Thanks for the input. Hardly seems worth doing at $60!

Peter
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 5:24 GMT
For every person willing to pay $60 there is another willing to pay $200. It comes down to marketing - quality - service - and finding the buggers!

Regards, Smooth cool
www.smooth360.com
alert moderator
Mathew Waehner

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 3:34 GMT
updated: 14 Oct 2004 at 3:37 GMT
I never meant to suggest that shooting virtual tours is "hardly worth doing"

I find that real estate tours are hardly worth doing, but there is no limit to the clients you can get or how much you can charge for quality work in other fields.

Also, a builder/ developer using the tour to represent many homes over the course of years should be able to pay more than a realtor selling an individual house for a few months.
alert moderator