Search the forums:
messages 16-30 of 49
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 next next last
Author  Message 
Anaconda

Re: First 360 pano :)
Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 10:29 GMT
hello

Finally I have got Nodal Ninja 3 MKII Panohead, Velbon 200R Sherpa Tripod and Velbon Ultra Maxi Mini Tripod. I also downloaded free Hugin. This is the result of my first pano :/

1) Is it possible do 360/180 spherical image in Hugin? If yes, how? If not where can I do this for free?
2) I used these settings: Alternative (1.5x, 1.6x): N, 8 images every 45° at -30° pitch, 8 images every 45° at +30° pitch, Z - wasn't possible do Z position because camera with lens is too big for Nodal Ninja 3 MKII Panohead
3) I had problem with Velbon Ultra Maxi Mini Tripod. Wasn't enough steady for weight of camera and lens in -30 and +30 degree position :/ - generally difficult do 16 photographs around in small car
4) Could you advice me where I have done mistake because I see some missing details on the photo - on the bottom, central consol area

thank you for all advices smile
alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 11:02 GMT
First I had to level the panorama just to look at it

I don't bother with HUGIN but others do so you will likely find some help. I see floating images that haven't at all been stitched in well.

The Velbon Ultra Maxi Mini Tripod shouldn't tip if you use the 3 stage splade legs (Adjustable at the top of the legs). As I stated in an earlier post the you could use the 200R, two legs on the back floor and one shorter leg on the console lid. Also consider a extra weight hanging from the underside, dumb bell, sand bag etc. But if you plan to do this professionally you really are going to need to come through the windows.

Again if you have desires to do this professionally you will benefit by using professional software and the benefits it offers. Options like View Point Correction and Masking really do help quite a lot.

As for the zenith you may not be able to shoot straight up but you should be able to capture the zenith with a couple of shot with maximum available tilt.

If you upload a set of your images I would happily stitch them up with PTGui Pro and point out any issues I find.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Anaconda

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 at 9:46 GMT
Hello

I have done second panorama. I stitched in Hugin. I also tried free trial 30 days version of PtGui but this photo was stitched incorrectly in this software :/ Probably during photo shoot I do any mistakes

So far I have this postimg.org/image/ef1qzwwcj/

Where and how can I do real 360/180 view? Is it possible use this photo which was stitched in Hugin and create spherical view in PtGui? Where is this option? I can't find it :/

thank you for advices smile
alert moderator
markkuk

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 at 10:53 GMT

Anaconda said:

Where and how can I do real 360/180 view? Is it possible use this photo which was stitched in Hugin and create spherical view in PtGui? Where is this option? I can't find it :/

That image looks like a 360/180 one, just in wrong position and with stitching errors. Hugin uses the equirectangular projection for 360/180 degree spherical panoramas: wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_formats#Full_Spherica...
Perhaps you should start with some easier subject matter for your first panoramas.
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 at 13:56 GMT

Anaconda said:

Where and how can I do real 360/180 view? Is it possible use this photo which was stitched in Hugin and create spherical view in PtGui? Where is this option? I can't find it :

You can create a spherical panorama in PTGui using the two options on the Tools menu: Publish to web, and Convert to QTVR. Publish to web will generate a set of files which you upload to your web space for viewing online with a web browser. The QTVR option will generate a .mov file which can be viewed with the Apple Quicktime viewer. You can also view the equirectangular file with FSPViewer on your PC.

Your equirectangular file has the zenith not in its usual place at the top. You can correct this with PTGui by loading in the equirectangular image and changing the orientation with the Numerical Transform option (123 button). Make sure the lens type is equirectangular and fov is 360. On the Panorama Editor window select Projection->Spherical 360x180 equirectangular. Then click the 123 button and apply a pitch adjustment of -90. (The levelling might need minor adjustment after that by dragging the image). You can then generate a new equirectangular image, after setting the output size to maximum.

John
alert moderator
markkuk

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 at 22:53 GMT

John Houghton said:

Your equirectangular file has the zenith not in its usual place at the top. You can correct this with PTGui by loading in the equirectangular image and changing the orientation with the Numerical Transform option (123 button).

Hugin has similar functions, you can straighten the image in the preview window and re-stitch. wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Fast_Preview_window#Move.2FDrag_tab
alert moderator
Anaconda

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 at 18:55 GMT
Finally after all advices (thank you) I created equirectangular image + .mov file smile I have done all of that in PtGui. Please see below :

"markuk" and "John Houghton" special thanx smile

I have some additional questions if you will find a second:

1) I know how stitch photographs in Hugin but I don't know where I can create .mov file (for free). Do you know any software where I could do this for FREE because after 30 days PtGui will expire :/ and create .mov file will be impossible in Hugin

2) I tried level photo in PtGui but wan't possible - I had any info about any point (vertical and probably horizontal - I have no idea what should I do with this)

3) I would like show this car in 2 different interior seat designs but I have only this one car for my shoots. I would like draw seats color for white and the same seats draw in red color. How should I do this? To create this panorama I have done 18 photographs. Should I draw almost every single photo - because seats are visible on almost every single photo and then upload these 18 photographs and create 360/160 jpg image? or I should only draw final 360/180 image like this one above?

4) I also seen one panorama .mov where in right top corner was button where was option change seat designs where after push car interior changed color. Do you know how do these buttons and do more than one panorama in one .mov file? Which one software is dedicated for this? Panotour one? Is is any Free software for this?
alert moderator
Anaconda

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 20:03 GMT
Hi

Finally I have done .mov file and on my pc works fine after Quick Time downloaded. I sent this pano to my friend and he can't see this on his Apple iPad - anybody know why? I thought .mov files are readable on Apple toys.

I also had idea change cars windows background. I thought I will do one car interior panorama and then will find nice outdoor place and will do second panorama (without car). I though I could paste 2 flat panoramas into photoshop then create 2 layers. Top layer car interior, bottom layer outdoor nice look. My idea was erase car windows area and see nice baground from bottom lawyer. Is it good idea for this solution?

My question is can I create 2 flat panorama photographs, retouch them in photoshop, save like one flat panorama and then open it in PtGui and create .mov file?

I uploaded one flat panorama to PtGui but wasn't possible create .mov file :/
alert moderator
mediavets

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 21:26 GMT

Anaconda said:

Hi

Finally I have done .mov file and on my pc works fine after Quick Time downloaded. I sent this pano to my friend and he can't see this on his Apple iPad - anybody know why? I thought .mov files are readable on Apple toys.

I may be mistaken but I believe Quicktime VR is not supported on iDevices.

Andrew
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 22:09 GMT

Anaconda said:

I uploaded one flat panorama to PtGui but wasn't possible create .mov file :/

I assume your "flat panorama" is a full 360x180 equirectangular image with pixel dimensions in the exact ratio 2:1 - e.g.6000x3000. If so, you can convert the image via Tools->Convert to QTVR... Alternatively, you can load the image into PTGui and set the lens type to be Equirectangular with a fov=360. You can then go directly to the Create Panorama tab to generate the .mov file.

John
alert moderator
mediavets

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 22:18 GMT

mediavets said:

Anaconda said:

Hi

I may be mistaken but I believe Quicktime VR is not supported on iDevices.

Andrew

It seems there is a way to view QTVR on iDevices - it's an app called iPano:

watersoftapps.com/

But a better approach IMO would be to use a tool that creates iDevice-compatible HTML5 - such as Panotour Pro or Pano2VR.

Andrew
alert moderator
Anaconda

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:08 GMT
thank you for advices smile I already tried Hugin, PtGui Pro, Autopano Giga and Panotour Pro. I like PtGui and Panotour Pro. After stitch in Hugin is it possible create .mov or html file in any free software?

For first panoramas I used my Nikon lens 10-24mm. I also have Canon lens 18-135mm. If i would like use this lens for new panoramas how many photographs I have to do?

Number of pictures required for a 360° panorama:

Minimum (1.6x): N, 10 images every 36° at -45° pitch, 10 images every 36° at 0° pitch, 10 images every 36° at +45° pitch, Z

This is for (1.6x) How is it for 1.5x and if here is every 36 degrees then can I do every 30 degrees - less degrees than required but more photographs for safety stitching to avoid stitching problems?
alert moderator
hindenhaag

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 10:22 GMT
For your shots around for a special lens use Frank van der Pol's calculator:

www.frankvanderpol.nl/fov_pan_calc.htm

You should min calculate 25% of overlap. In cases of less information, it might be better to use an overlap of 30%/.

Heinz
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:02 GMT

Anaconda said:

This is for (1.6x) How is it for 1.5x

You can consult the vrwave.com list for a Nikon 18mm lens. In fact, it displays the same shooting data as for the Canon lens. The Canon lens cannot be used on your D7000 though, can it?

John
alert moderator
Anaconda

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 20:09 GMT
I have two cameras - one 10-24mm(Nikon) and one 18-135(Canon). Canon has 1.6 sensor I would like try canon for panoramas because Nikon is my friend camera. The problem is canon has 18-135 lens what require huge amount of photographs :/

I checked here vrwave.com and similar lens is Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 . I have 18-135mm. Requirements for 18-55mm lens are:

Minimum (1.6x): N, 10 images every 36° at -45° pitch, 10 images every 36° at 0° pitch, 10 images every 36° at +45° pitch, Z

Can I do like that?

N
12 x -45 degrees
12 x 0 degrees
12 x +45 degrees
Z

Is it enough for full spherical 360/180 panorama?

Which lens is good solution for my Canon camera? I would like do maximum 6 photographs for full panorama. My camera has APS-C 1.6x sensor.

Which lens could give me "good" quality for low price? Mainly I would like do property interiors and car interiors panoramas.
alert moderator
messages 16-30 of 49
first prev prev 1 2 3 4 next next last