Thread: Underwater panoramas

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Valentin

Underwater panoramas
Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:32 GMT
Hello to all!
Somebody makes underwater 360x180 panoramas from greater depths (50-70 meters or more)? What kind of lights are used? How to minimize flare from the mud? Are panoheads used for such shoots?
What web-sites you recommend to see?
alert moderator
burake

Re: Underwater panoramas
Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 14:42 GMT
No idea ho they do it but airpano does underwater panos. Have a look at their website:

www.airpano.com/

Regards
Burak
alert moderator
vrbali

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 20:41 GMT
You would need at least double stobes when not shooting natural light.
I would strongly advise to use Trimix instead of normal compressed breathing air as nitrogen narcosis will impair you to take proper pano's. To prevent mud from coming up, stay clear of the bottom in the first place. Use a compass to get the proper angle for your photos.

VRBali
www.virtualvisitbali.com
alert moderator
Valentin

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 13:51 GMT

vrbali said:

You would need at least double stobes when not shooting natural light.
I would strongly advise to use Trimix instead of normal compressed breathing air as nitrogen narcosis will impair you to take proper pano's. To prevent mud from coming up, stay clear of the bottom in the first place. Use a compass to get the proper angle for your photos.

We tried to use Trimix, but it's poor idea. Time at a target depth isn't enough, and bubbles lift a mud. After the first unsuccessful attempt we used the rebreathers only.
We used Canon 5D MkIII + Canon 8-15 Fisheye at 12mm and non-standart NN Ultimate M-series panohead at 10 click around. Also we used a xenon light 200W. Result: 9 days in expedition and 1 pano only. Quite good for the first attempt blush

burake said:

No idea ho they do it but airpano does underwater panos. Have a look at their website:
www.airpano.com/

Thanks. Oleg Gaponyuk and Andrey Zubets from airpano are my friends and they are the first to whom I asked this questions smile
alert moderator