Forum: Q & A

Thread: PtGui users; question about getting more accurate when placing control points.

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
messages 16-21 of 21
first prev prev 1 2 next next last
Author  Message 
pboong

Re: PtGui users; question about getting more accurate when placing control points.
Posted: 3 Apr 2013 at 14:57 GMT
Thanks John!

I shall give it a try on that; just downloaded the PTOptimizer.

Do you mean by creating a new line (t3, t4..) place t3 (a few) along the window, and t4 along the building concrete?

Is that what you mean if i am not mistaken?
alert moderator
John Houghton

Re: PtGui users; question about getting more accurate when placing control points.
Posted: 3 Apr 2013 at 18:01 GMT
Yes. Where a vertical straight line feature crosses from one image to another, assign a number of t3 points along it. If there's another line feature, do the same but with t4 points. Only do this for line features that should be rendered straight in the output area in the current projection. For equirectangular, that's only verticals and the horizon.

John
alert moderator
pboong

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 at 4:38 GMT
updated: 4 Apr 2013 at 4:43 GMT
Thanks John for the kind advise.

I'm doing the equirectangular. So, I just have to look for straight lines, and place the Tx in between it respectively for different area.

I give that a try+)

For PTO (Panorama Tools Optimiser), it can only be used when I have the Tx line, right? If not, it will not detect it at all? Am I right to say that?
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 at 7:23 GMT
The PTGui optimizer will ignore straight line control points (t3,t4,...). For t1 and t2 points, there is now an option provided to either (1) ignore them, (2) level in a second pass, or (3) include them in a single pass. Option (3) is what PTOptimizer does, which means that the points are used in the general optimization such that their placement can directly affect the evaluation of the lens parameters and the way in which the images align with each other. For option (2), the t1 and t2 points are used only to level the panorama as a whole in a separate pass by simply repositioning the panorama on the stitching sphere. (This is exactly the same function as the Level Panorama option provided in the Edit menu on the Panorama Editor window).

John
alert moderator
pboong

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:56 GMT
Hi John,

How do I solve this issue as I kept getting:

Your projects uses viewpoint correction, but this is not supported by the Panorama Tools Optimizer. Please choose 'Optimizer using PTGUI' instead.
alert moderator
John Houghton

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:52 GMT
I assume that phoong and boon ong are one and the same person, in which case you have had the answer in the PTGui forum.

John
alert moderator
messages 16-21 of 21
first prev prev 1 2 next next last