Thread: How much to charge for 360 panoramic shots

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
siteplan

How much to charge for 360 panoramic shots
Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 4:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm starting a business in 360 panoramic tour for pretty much from residential to commercial tours. How much do you guys charge for a tour of a property and how many locations of shots in average do I need to take?

thanks
-randy
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Re: How much to charge for 360 panoramic shots
Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:47 GMT
updated: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:48 GMT
It all deppends on your area, maybe if you will be more speciffic.
There are costs involved some taken in account or not by tour makers for example assurances, other they have to take those in account, like transportation costs wich will be diffrent from tours within your city and, say, Gale Crater.
Even so is only a starting point, at the end the day the price needs to be attractive to have succesful sales.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
siteplan

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 17:39 GMT
thank you for the reply. what I wanted to know is what do the market charge. what about you? how much do you charge?
alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 19:01 GMT
As low as FREE (when someone is trying to start out, thinking it is a good way to get a portfolio, to provide everything at no cost... undercutting everyone in the market at the same time)
Some people charge $8 per pano and $2 per still image in a package of 6 panos and 24 images - a total of $96 ... a very customer friendly price of less than $100.

Those are the bottom crawlers in the panoramic sector.
Others who actually care about the quality of their work, and who are not in the business of trying to destroy the very profession they are a part of, will charge enough to pay for the time, travel, software purchases, taxes, other expenses and profit. That highly depends on where the person is located, what kind of equipment they have, what procedures they have etc. There is no single solution to a final price, but people should keep a healthy overhead that does not undermine their future possibilities for getting properly paid for proper jobs.

There are those who charge $2000-$3000 per pano in commercial projects, but those are obviously far better than anything that is done for real estate. It only goes to show that there are many different levels of pricing and quality available.

Low end real-estate tours (not the ultimate bottom scrapers) with the typical 6 panos and 24 stills, are sold for around $250-$350 from what I have been informed.

Trausti
DorinDXN

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 20:17 GMT
updated: 31 Jul 2012 at 20:18 GMT
Here is a bit higher, a package of 6 panos and 24 stills is around 450 euros which is about $550, though I'll not call it the lower end. i.e. might be even lower price per pano if you sale 10 instead of 6.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
kasenyee

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 20:54 GMT

DorinDXN said:

Here is a bit higher, a package of 6 panos and 24 stills is around 450 euros which is about $550, though I'll not call it the lower end. i.e. might be even lower price per pano if you sale 10 instead of 6.

cheers,
Dorin

What do you mean by stills? Images separate from pano shots?
alert moderator
iam360Texas

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 23:03 GMT
Pano's are multiple stills stitched to create an equirectanglular image.

Stills are probably stand alone single images.. often used as thumbnails or web page decoration.

Keep in mind that you should also take inconsideration your clients use of your panoramas. IF they can make thousands if not hundreds of thousands off your pano's then it would probably be ethically acceptable to charge them a few thousands for your work.
alert moderator
siteplan

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 at 21:32 GMT
thanks for the replies guys.

I already have hundreds of panoramas that I can essentially create a web portfolio. I'm currently trying to determine how I'm going to market my services. Thanks for the pricing ideas.

If you have any suggestions of how I can market my services, please do share them.

thanks
alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 at 0:06 GMT
Visit your clients personally (or send your sales person) with a well planned program for explaining what can be added, what the benefits are (for the client) etc.

Sending emails or calling on a phone is wasted effort, and will do you more damage than if you don't. It is considered spam, and rightfully so. Personal approach is what works.

Trausti
Birder

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 at 7:18 GMT
updated: 2 Aug 2012 at 7:19 GMT
Customer satisfaction and Word of mouth.

If you do a good job and your customer is pleased with the result, ask them to tell 5 contacts about what you have done and to give you their details so you can contact them direct.

But remember if your customer is not satisfied for any reason he will tell at least 50 how bad you was.
alert moderator
Neal Downs

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 at 17:08 GMT
I have been successful charging $500 - $900 per captured 360 Spherical.
alert moderator
siteplan

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 at 20:46 GMT
Neal,

is that per panoramas? do you have a sample of your work, I want to see the quality of a $500 pano.

thanks for all the replies guys. really helpful
alert moderator
DanSmigrod

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 14:02 GMT
Check List for Pricing 360ยบ Pano Photo Shoots

pano-pro-photographer%2F" title="http://blog.tourwrist.com/how-to-find-a-tourwrist-360-pano-pro-photographer/">blog.tourwrist.com/how-to-find-a-tourwrist-360-pa...

Other questions to ask to help price a pano photo shoot?
alert moderator