back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
messages 1-15 of 18
first prev Prev 1 2 next next last
Author  Message 
Luigi Pirandello

virutl tour without flash
Posted: 2 May 2012 at 17:01 GMT
Hi, i have to publish a virtual tour but i can't use flash (the owner of site require no scritpt flash).

what kind of software can help me?

i see that pano2vr export in html5, qtvr.
to publish in java? what's the best software?

i usually use krpano and i have a completed virtual tour made with this software. now i have to convert all!!
alert moderator
DenisSS

Re: virutl tour without flash
Posted: 2 May 2012 at 19:57 GMT
As a point of interest (or fear), what reason have you been given for not wanting a Flash tour? It seems a little odd, especially given what can be achieved with Flash that is not, yet, possible with html5.

If it is because of iDevices, then offer both (for increased money, of course smile ) and try iosvr, which outputs quite well for iPad and iPhone.

Otherwise, you would be better using vector graphics than pixels. The best way forward would be to look at some of the skins that Arturo offers on Pano2vr's forum. Simple, but effective.

Or wait a short while; it could be too much gin, but I seem to remember Trausti recently telling me that FFC would/might soon have an HTML5 output.

Jon
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 2 May 2012 at 22:21 GMT
hi! the vt come on an a goveranative site (turism site of my town). The responsable of it said me that flash content is inamissible. Only html5 or hosting the pano in another place and place in the site only with a link.

can be java or qtvr a solution? i'll ask...

now i try with easypano and pano2vr but i have to restart from beginingsad doh!
alert moderator
DenisSS

Posted: 2 May 2012 at 23:41 GMT
I see the problem. Can you not host and hotlink, that is provide the code and allow that to import the actual files from another server. It means the council having to have a single html page with all the correct paths. No Flash on their server, but all the pleasures of it.

Jon
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 8:24 GMT
yes, i can post a link on a page of governament site. On click start new windows with the virtual tour.

there isn't the same thing to see the vt into the site.
alert moderator
mediavets

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 11:32 GMT
updated: 3 May 2012 at 11:34 GMT
If you don't want to work out how to do it yourself, you could host your pano(s) at viewat.org which has a feature that makes it very easy to embed a Flash pano (using the krpano viewer) on another site's web page:
viewat.org

You can see an example at the bottom of this page:
www.islehamchurch.org.uk/index.html

Andrew
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 14:20 GMT
it's like tourmaker site. But if i use this online tool i have to recreate all the virtual toursad

is there some online service that can upload an full complete krpano projector?
alert moderator
DenisSS

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 15:07 GMT

Tactus 360 said:

Or wait a short while; it could be too much gin, but I seem to remember Trausti recently telling me that FFC would/might soon have an HTML5 output.

FFC website - Trausti said:

A native iOS player and convetor from Flashificator projects is in the works. The progress of this work will be further announced in the Flashificator forums as it evolves. Android specific output will also be a part of the project. This will become a new commercial product, and is not a part of the free updates.

Jon
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 15:55 GMT
so, my unique possibilities are:
- hosting the vt in an other place and make a link on goverment site;

- rebuilding the tour with pano2vr and output in html5 or qtvr

- rebuilding the tour with easypano tourweaver and output in java

just a consideration. if i use only the html5 code genereted from krpano? my vt is very simple.
alert moderator
Hans Nyberg

Posted: 3 May 2012 at 17:29 GMT
I think you have some confusions here regarding what HTML5 panoramas is.

Currently only Safari supports real HTML5 CSS3D panoramas.
You already have the best viewer for this KRPano.

The pano2vr versions which now is also supported by Chrome and Firefox are as far as I know WebGl which also will be supported in the next version of KRPano. Plus KRpano will also support the IE10 version of HTML5 CSS3 which seems to be different than Safari. And they will not support webGL.

But remember there is a large public with older browsers which never will be able to see this without flash.
And I doubt that any of the HTML5 versions will ever give the same performance as Flash. Currently max resolution on a high end computer is around 2200 pixels if you want smooth panning and no crashes.

Making an iframe embed is very easy.
This is all the code you need in the page.
<iframe
name="pano" src="www.pirandello.it/virtualtour.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="450" width="420" >
</iframe>

Here is an example of a pano embedded with iframe which in reality is on my server.
www.sanktjakobskirke.dk/kirken/panorama/sankt-jak...
The only problem is that HTML5 CSS3 does not work with fullscreen like flash does.
If you want it to work in large size on iPad you need to make some work around .
This is a demo which also supports ipad.
www.360-foto.dk/sofia/

As you can see you are forced to open it in fullscreen and this is just a normal fullscreen command flash but on iPad this button links to a separate html which opens in the parent page or in a new page.

The back button links back to the original page.

KRpano xml has almost unlimited possibilities for doing this and to detect all the different versions of iPad and iPhone + android we have today.

You can actually design different navigation and different sizes of cubefaces for all this versions using one single xml.

Hans
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 5 May 2012 at 12:29 GMT
Otherwise, you would be better using vector graphics than pixels. The best way forward would be to look at some of the skins that Arturo offers on Pano2vr's forum. Simple, but effective.

what do you mean with "using vector graphics than pixels"?

thanks to hans for the clarity. abour publish in java? what do you think? some good software?

iosvr is very beatyfull. it make vt alzo for normal browser, isn't it?
alert moderator
DenisSS

Posted: 5 May 2012 at 14:35 GMT
The beauty of HTML5 is that nearly everything can be governed by code, with no need for Flash; whilst this is, actually, the ideal, Flash still manages a lot that cannot yet be achieved with CSS3. Nevertheless, CSS3 allows gradation, text decoration etc., that was not possible before without using fixed-dimension graphics.

This includes using vector graphics that re-size intelligently when used. Objects of fixed-pixel dimensions, will shrink down if intelligently coded and, when building websites, etc., it is a good idea to use larger-than-needed graphics to ensure that the quality remains constant. I think this is particularly useful when using percentages rather than fixed-width/height divs, etc.

The problem is that they will pixellate when sized up. Vectors, on the other hand, do not change appearance when resized. This makes them especially useful for the plethora screen-sizes that are available today, since they will grow and shrink according to its dimensions and/or resolution.

Publishing to java should be a last resort, since I do not think the quality is particularly good. Have a look at some of the images in the galleries on this website, which use Pure Player and you will see what I mean. When the cube size becomes too big, you can get some rather distracting distortions, etc.

IOSVR is quite an amazing thing, although at the moment I am becoming a little frustrated with aspects of it. This is a reaction in a large 92-panorama tour that I am now converting to HTML5. Damir says that a new version with a UI is on its way, and I await that with baited breath, since there is a lot of hand coding to do and this can be daunting if you are not good with that sort of thing. (Having said that, the more you do of it, the quicker it becomes). It is only available for i-devices and does not work on a desktop because it is designed for small screens. By the time you have finished messing around with its css etc. to make a desktop version, you may as well have started from scratch.

Again, I would suggest the best way forward is to host Flash files on another server and hotlink with code from your customer's website. If you want to kill two birds with one stone, and want to make something that will work with either medium and on any computer, then the HTML5 skin that Arturo offers for sale in the commercial section of the Pano2VR forum is possibly a good way forward. It can be edited in Pano2VR's skin editor and uses vector graphics. There is a useful little thumbnail navigation system and, if you know what you are doing, items can be copied, renamed and hidden/shown as you would normally do with the skin editor.

I believe that KRPano will now publish to html5, but this will require a modicum of hand-coding (I have no experience of this projector and Hans will correct me if I am wrong.) Flashificator has one in development, which I am looking forward to, especially if it outputs as well for other mobile devices. However, I think this is a way down the path yet. I think you can also do things with Tourweaver, but again I have no experience with it (and it seems frightfully expensive).

Really, there are - as yet - not that many choices available and, in my honest opinion, Flash still manages to pip things to the post.

Jon
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 23:35 GMT
very very good explanation. i read with many attention. Thanks.
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 15:21 GMT
Hi, does something happen in the development of html5 viewr panoramic image?

To day all VT have to be ios compatible so what's the best strategy?
alert moderator
Luigi Pirandello

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 18:32 GMT

Hans Nyberg said:

As you can see you are forced to open it in fullscreen and this is just a normal fullscreen command flash but on iPad this button links to a separate html which opens in the parent page or in a new page.

The back button links back to the original page.

This techinc is very cool. But what' solution is good VT with two or more pano? when i'm into non-main pano if click on "botton back" on browser i re-load precedent page containg thumb of main pano (on ipad). is it correct?
alert moderator
messages 1-15 of 18
first prev Prev 1 2 next next last