messages 31-37 of 37
first prev prev 1 2 3 next next last
Author  Message 
klausesser

Re: Museum Kunstpalast, Duesseldorf
Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 10:14 GMT
updated: 10 Jun 2013 at 10:18 GMT
Hi Dennis!

Even with zooming the jaggies must not be seen. They must be interpolated in the browser´s engine in a very short time so they´re invisible running on a fast system.

Zooming always means scaling pixels. We need to differ pixels in the image-data from pixels displayed on the screen.
Scaling the screen is related to the pixel-pitch of the display and the rendering in the browser.

Zooming to more than 100% on a display and complaining about jaggies would be ridiculously amateurish.

So given there are no jaggies in the IMAGE - and there are none as you can see @100% - the quality of rendering while zooming depends on the quality of the system you´re displaying the panorama on.

I only can recall it over and over: NONE of our - high profile - clients ever complained about jaggies.
NONE of my - also high profile - professional collegues over here told me about seeing jaggies displaying my panoramas on their systems.

Be absolutely sure i would not show panoramas at all having such heavy kind of jaggies as we see them here from John and Burake - and as it seems ONLY from them.

wink cool

best, Klaus

PS:

again: the only explanation coming to my mind is whether Burak´s and John´s browsers for some reason take the html5/JS data instead of the Flash data.
HTML5/JS cannot display multiresolution - but a 700mpx pano of course can only work as it should using multiresolution.
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 12:59 GMT
A related article
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

Also bare in mind that some graphic cards and maybe some displays have their own antialiasing filter available or ON by default.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
burake

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 0:08 GMT
Thanks to everyone for the input here. Meanwhile I've tested my tour on different devices (1 desktop and 1 laptop) with different browsers and all show these jaggies. This is not about your tour Klaus, I tested my own tours that I create in PTP. My own computer and the other two devices are all quite expensive with a relative good standard. Relative to other devices that the viewers in my country will use. This is merely a problem of mine; I am not interested in an endless discussion, but I am having the problem at least here on the test devices. I don't think the normal viewer will ever notice it either, but as I said I don't have it in pano 2VR. No I am not affliated with pano2VR smile and nor do I have a 700 MP tour and not planning to shoot one in near future smile It isn't about the 700 mp tours it is about what I create (10000x5000 panos) with PTP 1.8 and sell to my customers.
Regards
Burak
alert moderator
klausesser

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 2:52 GMT
Hey Burak!

" I am not interested in an endless discussion, but I am having the problem at least here on the test devices."

Nor am i.

But i take such an issue seriously. That´s why i´m looking for a reason why it happens at you and John´s hardware alone.

Meanwhile i sent his thread to some professional collegues here and in the US.

Not a single one of them has these jaggies in my tour. Not in THIS tour and not in other panos or tours i made with PTP.
And i also can´t see any jaggies in THEIR panos and tours which THEY make using PTP.

So - as long the jaggies appear only with you and John it doesn´t really move me . . wink

Makes me simply wonder in technical terms where you and John get them from . . .

best, Klaus
alert moderator
burake

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:57 GMT
Hey Klaus,
Will you be so kind and check this tour of mine (just the first panorama)?. I had already posted the jaggies I see here in my screenshot. One has to move a little in the direction "left" from the opening position (no zooming-in, just the deafult FOV! )

www.bilisimfotograf.com/images/sanal-tur/sanaltur...

Thanks in advance and best regards

Burak
alert moderator
klausesser

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 15:05 GMT
Hi Burak!

Under some angles there are minor jaggies on the blue window frames.
That´s quite normal especially for low-res panos.
There´s some "smearing" in the structures on the ceiling - which looks like noise-reducing the shots.

best, Klaus
alert moderator
burake

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 12:01 GMT
Klaus thank you very much indeed.
Regards
Burak
alert moderator
messages 31-37 of 37
first prev prev 1 2 3 next next last