Search the forums:
messages 16-30 of 32
first prev prev 1 2 3 next next last
Author  Message 
Smooth

Re: A bit further on
Posted: 5 Sep 2012 at 8:06 GMT

Bob Stone said:

[Right click-Fullscreen] does nothing so I'm already in Fullscreen.
No you are not already in fullscreen. Right click "Fullscreen" from the Flash Context menu no longer works since a flash update. It's crap! But adobe says it's a security fix.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 at 16:35 GMT
updated: 5 Sep 2012 at 16:49 GMT
Hi all, I managed to have blending at not so huge size, mean jpegs with alpha channel, the same alpha channel is applied to all the jpegs, no content aware mask yet.

However is need for a really powerfull computer to display the pano, mine isn't so powerfull sad

So if you cannot pan smoothly in this pano is due the needed power.
However if someone will manage to pan smoothly in this pano I'll be curious about the specs of that computer.

The link
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/unirii2/31c.html

A better alpha channel is in dveloping, as you may see some problems up.

thanks for reading and feedback,
Dorin
alert moderator
DennisS

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 at 16:47 GMT
The pano is just a bit sluggish and a tad jittery when looking around. Load speed is ok.

Win 7 Pro x64, 2.4GHZ processor, 8 gig memory, nVidia 4200M video card 512 mb memory, 15mb fiber optic internet connection, Dell 27" Ultrasharp monitor.
alert moderator
enbilaman

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 at 17:33 GMT
Exactly the same (as reported by DennisS) is observed here.
Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 12GB 1067 MHz Memory, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB memory, iMac 27" (2560x1440) monitor. Medium speed (1024) ADSL connexion.

Michel
alert moderator
Bob Stone

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 at 22:41 GMT
updated: 5 Sep 2012 at 22:57 GMT

DorinDXN said:

Num Lock must be on

Ahhh, I thought I tried num lock before with no help but now it's working as you say. Now even 1&3 seem to expand/contract the middle row and I can even manipulate individual photos as you described earlier.

Jittery here too. Windows 7 32bit (Windows Experience Index 6.8).

@ Smooth, yes I just recently updated flash and agree, it's not so good...
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 at 7:15 GMT
updated: 6 Sep 2012 at 7:16 GMT
Thanks very much to all for the feedback.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
Jim Watters

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 at 12:41 GMT
Tried again and now the number keys are all working. Before I had the Num lock wrong. I was manipulating the whole pano instead of images.

The 7 and 9 rotate. But instead of rotating the group of images as one, it rotates individual images the same amount.

Jim
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 at 14:17 GMT
updated: 6 Sep 2012 at 14:25 GMT

Jim Watters said:

The 7 and 9 rotate. But instead of rotating the group of images as one, it rotates individual images the same amount.

Thanks Jim, yes, that's suppose to work, say press h then 7 and 9 will adjust the roll of every images in horizontal row with the same amount, you can see how it affects the teeths in a row.
If you click+space on certain image then 7 and 9 will rotate that image only, say for individual "fix"

8,2 adjust pitch, 4,6 is for yaw
1,3 adjust fov but never used so far, might be needed in certain situations.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 at 20:21 GMT
updated: 6 Sep 2012 at 20:25 GMT
Hi all, moving toward the first gigapixel, here is a pano of two rows of photos taken with 18-55mm lens @55mm from the same photo session.

www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/61c/61c.html

There are some problems toward the sun, the kit lens seems to be not so good when sun lights on the front lens.

thanks for the visit,
Dorin
alert moderator
Bob Stone

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 at 1:29 GMT

DorinDXN said:

There are some problems toward the sun,

And someone should remove the arrows from Jesus. wink

Can't wait for the full 360x180, this is getting very interesting...
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 at 7:13 GMT
updated: 7 Sep 2012 at 7:37 GMT

Bob Stone said:

DorinDXN said:

There are some problems toward the sun,

Can't wait for the full 360x180, this is getting very interesting...

The 360x180 of this will be made from a full sphere of 18mm's over which will be these two rows of 55mm's like a Saturn's ring, I'll post a link here when the coding is finished, it wiil take some time as I'm not sure now how will be, coud be as high resolution ring, but that can pose problems when are many photos or would be like a satellite (i.e. a group of photos) orbiting around the sphere according with the view and changing the photos acoording the view..

And someone should remove the arrows from Jesus. wink

In the statue, with arrows, Saint Sebastian is represented
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Sebastian
The statue was recently restaured as well as several buldings in the Union Square, the most photographed place in Timisoara btw, I had another high resolution pano take in 2008 in the same place, the POV is a different but close
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/dxn_pano/PtaUnirii/pa...
and you can see the statue before the restauration.

cheers,
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 at 10:08 GMT
updated: 8 Sep 2012 at 10:27 GMT
Hello everybody,

I want to introduce now the latest achievement in this technique.

The philosophy, again, kindly jump over if in hurry.

- philosophy start -

In my stitchless technique with fish eyes is possibly to produce also 3D panoramas, I mean true 3D, say, in anaglyph using two cameras, as I did thousands of them. Due to the fact that one see an entire fish eye image remmaped as rectiliar and you cannot see the border as there is a switch to another fish eye before you reach the border of the previous one.

With reactliniar lens this panning and switch before the borders is not possible at certain FOV and zoom, so parallax, caused by using two cameras, pose a problem, i.e. some features, especially close ones, will appear broken.

So how I will fight that?

I had this idea, for publishing in anaglyph red-cyan.
The anaglyph image on the display in RGB consists in G+B from right camera and R from left camera, our brain (this is very schematic, I can enter in details if there interes) has this behaviour: if you feed it with G unbroken multiplied with B unbroken and aslo an R broken has the tendency to choose G x B as info about brokeness(the multiply sign is appropriate here) and lost the broken R (as info) which receive less prority, of course will not work on a red dress as then G x B will be less impressive than the overwelming R in that particular case.

So if the images from right camera (which gives G x B) will be non affected by parallax there is a hope that the broken features from left camera, R only, to be "oversee" by the brain at the panning.
so lets see if/how it works.
- philosophy end -

The links, last three shoot this morning.
First link is for those who had cyan-red glasses, mean with red on the right eye philosophy reversed left-right then (if you have paper glasses they can be switched from system to another, I think)
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/Unirii3D/31c.html

Due to philosophy above must be different shooting for cyan-red than red-cyan. Ask for more explanations if my English is not good enough.

The following links are for the much common red-cyan glasses , i.e. red over the left eye, and so will be all from now on as it matches with my all other panos in 3D.

www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/Dacia3D-1/31c.html
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/Dacia3D-2/31c.html
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/Dacia3D-3/31c.html

A note, all the stitchless panoramas posted here are with rectiliniar images downsampled for two reasons.
1) to have better download experience
2) to be under 2Mpix each image, mean like from a camera with less Mpix than the Curiosity rover has now on Mars

Hope you'll find these interesting, the next step will be some tests in trying to completelly close the sphere from 3 rows, mean instead of 0,+/- 45° to use 0,+/- 60°.. @18mm
that's might be tommorow..

Also if you're curious about the gear used to asure that philosophy, I'd be happy to provide some photos of it. Just ask.

thanks for reading,
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 at 14:04 GMT
Another one from today.
Made from 2x93 photos taken with two cameras at 55mm, red-cyan anaglyph, is a large download (44mb)

www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/61c/Unirii3D-2/61c.ht...

thanks for the visit,
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 at 15:51 GMT
updated: 9 Sep 2012 at 15:58 GMT

DorinDXN said:

Hope you'll find these interesting, the next step will be some tests in trying to completelly close the sphere from 3 rows, mean instead of 0,+/- 45° to use 0,+/- 60°.. @18mm
that's might be tommorow..

The promised test in red-cyan anaglyph
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/Unirii3D-3/31c.ht...

There are some pixel size problems, correctable with keys -individually for some- (right eye is w/o parallax) I'll see if the (still in developing stage) blending will be able to fix that..

thanks for reading,
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 17:11 GMT
updated: 10 Sep 2012 at 17:15 GMT
Hello everybody,

I think I reached some upper limit with the blending, and obviously is need for some subtileing.

For example the pano from the next link has 93 photos, like the one of the above, but this one has blending and I even can't open it at all on my PC, mostly due to its limited RAM ( 1GB )
www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/61c/Unirii3D-2-blende...

As I can't open it, I'd kindly ask for a single confirrmation, if anyone can open it and pan into it, from my math, it looks like it will require at least 2GB of RAM and, of course, some fast processor.

thanks,
Dorin
alert moderator
messages 16-30 of 32
first prev prev 1 2 3 next next last