Forum: Panoguide website feedback

Thread: Questions regarding TourWrist

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Werner

Questions regarding TourWrist
Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 8:30 GMT
We are a small web based accommodation booking web site in Mozambique. We take 360 panoramas or VT's of all our establishments and try to stay ahead of the pack by offering our clients a realistic insight into the product - so they have more confidence to make an online booking.

I recently discovered TourWrist and was amazed by the technology. I hope I can ask a few questions?
1. Will my tours be protected from being downloaded or copied? I dont mind the world seeing my tours on the TourWrist app but would hate for my competitors to use it for their own marketing. Im sure a lot of potential clients are wondering the same thing? We will have almost a 1000 tours that we will upload onto your server so its important to know if its safe and that the server is reliable.
2. How can my clients view the tours on their mobile devices without having to download the app? In my experience people dont like to go through too much hassle to view something - they would rather go to a site that is simpler to use.

I would appreciate any comments
alert moderator
TourWrist
[Panoguide]

Re: Questions regarding TourWrist
Posted: 4 Mar 2013 at 18:18 GMT
Great questions!

1. Panos made available through our services cannot be downloaded/copied/saved/exported in any material manner. No one has access to your equirect or cube face images. What they do have, is the ability to cache your pano (though our app) to show other people or view it again in the TourWrist app later when they are offline. But this cached version is not accessible to them in any form that they can export or save elsewhere. So in short, I believe your concern is not an issue. Our server is safe and reliable! For us, it's very important that we cater to professional pano photographers' needs at every turn.

2. As for your second question, every TourWrist pano has an associated URL that you can point your clients to. It will enable them to view panos in a web view on mobile devices. Every TourWrist pano also includes embed code, which like a YouTube video, publishes from our content delivery network (CDN). Viewing the embed code also does not require that you have the TourWrist app installed.

Let us know if you have any other questions! You can always reach us on support@tourwrist.com too.
alert moderator
Hans Nyberg

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 at 20:40 GMT

TourWrist said:

Great questions!

1. Panos made available through our services cannot be downloaded/copied/saved/exported in any material manner. No one has access to your equirect or cube face images. What they do have, is the ability to cache your pano (though our app) to show other people or view it again in the TourWrist app later when they are offline. But this cached version is not accessible to them in any form that they can export or save elsewhere.

Really guys. You are really naive.
Here is a set of cubefaces. Took me 30 sec to save to my harddisc.
www.panoramas.dk/test/Tourwrist-cubes.zip

And here is the original .
tourwrist.com/panos/48273
Hans
alert moderator
DennisS

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 at 3:01 GMT
How much time is going to pass before someone at TourWrist responds? Your credibility has taken a big hit. The more time that passes, the bigger the hit.
alert moderator
burake

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 at 11:54 GMT
I am thankful that we have a platform like Tourwrist...It is a valuable thing to have the possibility to share panos...I am sure technical issues will be fixed in time...
alert moderator
DennisS

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 at 19:32 GMT
Burake,

The issue is not with TourWrist fixing technical problems; it is with making claims, having those claims challenged and absolutely no reply when errors in those claims have been brought forth.

March 4th, 2013 @ 10:18 PST "1. Panos made available through our services cannot be downloaded/copied/saved/exported in any material manner."

Less than 3 hours later:

March 4th, 2013 @ 12:40 PST "Took me 30 sec to save to my harddisc."

No acknowledgement. No apology. Only silence.

It is now more than a month later. Still waiting on a reply from someone at TourWrist.

Dennis
alert moderator
TourWrist
[Panoguide]

Posted: 1 May 2013 at 23:57 GMT
updated: 1 May 2013 at 23:59 GMT
Werner,

I apologize as I was the source of misinformation. When I responded earlier I mistakenly referred to "our services," when really, our high level of security is possible in our app products. Technically, if a person wants to steal your imagery through web deliveries, there are ways that they can figure out how to do so. That said, their pirating of your images would constitute a direct violation of our existing terms of use. Here's an excerpt from our terms:

"You may not use other people’s content without their permission, other than in the ordinary course of your use of our products. Modifications to our products (including the TourWrist SDK and embed code) are not considered 'ordinary use.'"

Should you or any other photographer ever feel that your images are being used by others — through our platform — without your permission, we shall take your concern very seriously. Our company's copyright policy adheres to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") in case you're familiar.

As for the latency of this response, yes, unfortunately this one post fell between the cracks for me. Somehow, I just didn't see Hans' response until now. Despite anyone's best efforts, we're all fallible. If my track record of quick responses over the past two years is any indication, I'm always eager to respond.

We're here to help. Sincerely. We truly enjoy working with pros and we try our hardest to do everything we can to support you. If there's anything more you feel we can do, please don't hesitate to let us know. If all else fails, reaching us through support@tourwrist.com is a sure-fire communication path.

Thanks for your understanding,
Charles
alert moderator