Search the forums:
messages 1-15 of 21
first prev Prev 1 2 next next last
Author  Message 
DorinDXN

livepanoramas.com + online services launched
Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:15 GMT
updated: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:36 GMT
Hi all, after some time/effort I'm able to announce that the online producing of stitchless (live) panoramas is ready and in working status. At some point it will be fast and quick too.

In short, allows to a photographer to upload 6 fish-eye photos and produce a sticthless panorama, after uploading and processing (not so fast for the moment) you will receive a link to a .zip file containing the
panorama in .swf and maybe some other files as well in the future (html templates..)
To be able to do that you need first to login at www.livepanoramas.com
if you don't have an account yet you can create one, but please pay attention to the entered data to be
correct, at this point the data can't be edited.

The number of stitchless panorama you can create is equal with a number of credits.

A this point the online creation of stitchless (live) panoramas is supported by donation but it will be commercial at one point, as soon as some papers will go through.

So here is my gift for the panoguide community:
First 25 members who are interested and post here before november 1st 2009 will receive 5 credits each if they
create an account at www.livepanoramas.com you need to post here and indicate the user id you've choosen and use at www.livepanoramas.com (you need to be registered on panoguide before this announce)

I'll not publish anything on livepanoramas.com unless you want to, I'll be back with info about this.

About donation, seems that for an unemployed but with ideas wink people like me the donations will be the only way to maintain such thing working and to have in this life a fullframe.
I have set up with two wonderful people a company europhoto.ro and when the livepanoramas.com will be commercial will be better time for us, I hope.

So, for now, any donation for supporting www.livepanorams.com will be gratefully received and for each 5 euros you'll increase your number of credits with 1 so if you donate 20 euros your credits will become bigger with 4 and this apply to any user id registered to www.livepanoramas.com even registered after november 1st 2009

about the .swf you will download, each from these 5 free I offer will have in flash menu at
Stitchless S/N : DEMO
but for the ones who are made using credits from donation them will have a unique serial number, and a part from donation will go to krpano.com and you'll be abble to publish the pano on your website in your commercial work if you want.
At some point you might even receive a full krpano license, but this is need to be set with Klaus.

So is ok with Klaus that those panos to be published by you as his work is payed bit by bit in this way.

About the photos, here is my pleasure to say that the photos can be taken using
1. Precise panohead
or
2. just from triopd/monopod
or
3. Handheld

One photo at every 60°, with camera in landscape position.
What is the difference in using 1,2 or 3? let's say that you'll find out once you'll try.
As for 1 and 2 must be quite easy to rotate the camera with 60° when handheld is used feel free to ask here, as I know several ways to achieve that with very good results, but other wise contributors here can share their experience in doing so with a particular camera you might have.
The good news is that my stitchless processing techique have now significant tolerance to parallax and/or lack of precision.

The uploaded photos must be jpegs up to 10MB/1 photo but you don't need to shoot in jpeg, you're free (and I recommend this) to extract the best jpeg from your RAW using even enfuse(equivalent) from single RAW if you want, correct CA/vigneting if you know how.

like this test kindly made by Ciprian Dughir
www.livepanoramas.com/event/CIP01/flash.html

I also want ot make an offer for the producers of lens rings panoramic heads, for any new such panoramic head sold, that buying customer to be able to do some stitchless panoramas right after one opens the box. Please contact me (offlist if you want) for details.

Thanks for reading, feel free to ask any question about this.
Dorin
alert moderator
michael przewrocki

Re: livepanoramas.com + online services launched
Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 4:16 GMT
the last three, dorins canon 350d shots using devalvr produce a strange behaviour. autoration slows down a bit several times around and image is rotated a bit clockwise.
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:19 GMT
updated: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:21 GMT
Hi Michael, the last ones there are the earliest of tests, further more, now I apply the producing technique designed for handheld to all and now I realised that I made a big mistake as no one in that test page is using the newest technique, except the
Timisoara, October 17 - handhelded

I must setup a gallery with only new technique used ASAP because the test showing the evolution of both shooting and producing might confuse people sad

thanks for interest
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 7:14 GMT
updated: 24 Oct 2009 at 7:23 GMT
Only to exemplify the above said

using the producing technique from back in july
www.livepanoramas.com/event/9072517/flash.html

now over the same handhelded set of photos but with october 23 producing tecnhique
www.livepanoramas.com/test/TestHHNew/flash.html

Of course is not about jpeg compresion, window size and such but the alignment of the cube faces.

With the shooting techinique of october 24 I'll try today some ..

Dorin
alert moderator
etegration

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 14:24 GMT
i htink this has potential. registered on it. Talk about cloud computing! Stitching is moving to the cloud too! good luck Dorin! hope to see more features soon!
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 17:56 GMT
Hi etegration,
Congrats, you have now 5 credits available for creating up to 5 stitchless panoramas online smile

Is no need for hurry and don't hesitate to ask here about the photos or other issues.

thanks,
Dorin
alert moderator
Morten Boe

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 4:52 GMT
OK I'm in! I've used the ID 'Morten'

As always, you are pushing the boundaries Dorin. This is the sort of stuff that keeps us interested and moving forward. Well done.

I look forward to giving it a try soon. Is there any reason the images can't be 'portrait' mode (speed of stitching)? I assume this may be a future development?

Thanks,

Morten

www.trueview.com.au/index.html
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:17 GMT
updated: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:19 GMT
Hi Morten, now you can use your 5 credits.

About camera orientation, in the stitchless technique, all the time is shown one of those 6 fisheye photos
remapped in the viewer, is no stitching and that photo has, of course, edges/boundaries which at certain zoom out can be visible.
Due to the shape of the computer's display, mostly landscape in orientation, is better to have camera in landscape mode to be as much as possible image and less as possible edge(black areas).

If such lens+camera combo is used and is a full circle on sensor, the orientation doesn't matter.
That will be the case of 5D(2)+Sigma 8mm.

Also other combinations, not with full circle but enough HFOV so the edges to be acceptable on certain zoom-out
Such as 5D(2)+ Tokina 10-17 @10mm
used by Valentin on his 360P with camera in portrait orientation, visible in tests area of livepanoramas.com
Also 5D(2)+Samyang 8mm works in portrait.

You may use one credit to find out for sure if your camera+lens can be used in portrait mode.

For crop camera, the orientation need to be landscape unless 4.xx mm Fish Eye is used.

Sure the viewer's window can be made portrait if needed (at embedding the .swf into html) to avoid all above but may look unpleaseant.

Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 20:22 GMT

DorinDXN said:

With the shooting techinique of october 24 I'll try today some ..

Here is the promissed test
www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/6975/

Dorin
alert moderator
Jann Lipka

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 6:20 GMT
Exciting technology Dorin - I hope you will succeed commercially smile

I would love to give it a try .
and I crated an account - user name Jann Lipka.

I will be using Canon 5Dmk2 and Tokina fish 10-17 @12 mm
As I'm on NN R1 I'll simply turn the camera for horisontal ( it is in portrait now )
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 6:56 GMT
updated: 26 Oct 2009 at 7:01 GMT
Hi Jann, thank you for the interest, you have now 5 credits for use.

NN R1 is an excellent panohead and Tokina 10-17 is a versatile lens, so you have a wide set of options.
First if the lens is shaved, take a look at those tests made by Valentin with Tokina 10-17 @10mm on 5D on his 360P with the camera in portrait position here
www.livepanoramas.com/tests.html
Castelldefels - Spain, September 28, 2009
Granollers - Spain, October 11, 2009
Timisoara - September 07

camera being in protrait the photos can be also use for regular (stitched) pano and have a full sphere

Remember that you need to shoot 6 photos around, one at each 60° of yaw, regardless of the camera orientation, you can tilt a bit up if you want.

If the lens is not shaved I think is better on landscape.

thanks again and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:29 GMT
updated: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:31 GMT
Hi all.

Just a reminder about this offer which expires on november 1st.

Dorin
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:32 GMT
updated: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:32 GMT
Sorry, I forgot to tell the number of panoguide members already registered
there are 7 members therefore another 18 can register and use each one those 5 credits for 5 panoramas.

thanks,
Dorin
alert moderator
Piotr Maciak

Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 19:21 GMT
Hi Dorin,

I created an account at www.livepanoramas.com and I've used the ID 'Piotr'.

Can the panoramas delivered by you be controlled by an xml file just like any other panorama published with Krpano?

Piotr
alert moderator
DorinDXN

Posted: 1 Nov 2009 at 9:51 GMT
updated: 1 Nov 2009 at 9:53 GMT
Hi Piotr, your 5 credits are available now.

Piotr Maciak said:

Can the panoramas delivered by you be controlled by an xml file just like any other panorama published with Krpano?

Not for the moment but it will be possible to show on/off the date/time in right-bottom of the corner, select the initial view, zoom min/max, with the next release of KRpano, also I'll try to define a simple way to put hotspots and for the photograher to be able to link them in a simple virtual tour.
Them even can be linked now, of course, via javascript/html.

All these intentions deppends very much on feedback and interest.

Dorin
alert moderator
messages 1-15 of 21
first prev Prev 1 2 next next last