Forum: Commercial Announce

Thread: Holiday season offers

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
Flashificator

Holiday season offers
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 at 21:15 GMT
Holiday season offerings for new and existing Flashificator users, valid until the end of the year, also including those who have purchased relevant products in the past couple of days.

There are 4 different offers, ranging from €19.95 to €199.95 in free software, for who knows how many people. Please feel free to visit the following link to see the details:

goo.gl/qqZKR

... and share the word about these offerings where potentially interested panorama creationists are known to hide out!

Flashificator User Examples
flashificator.com/gallery.htm
alert moderator
No One

Re: Holiday season offers
Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 0:18 GMT
Hi Trausti,

Hope you've recovered from the hard disk crashes.

I just looked at your Holiday offers, and I'm confused. what is OMG? While it's pretty much irrelevant to me as an existing user of Flashificator, I'm curious as to what OMG is as a Google search brought up way too much info on a wide mix of products.

All the best to you and your family, happy holidays!

Robert
alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 4:41 GMT
Hi Robert.

OMG is "Object Movie Generator". Flashificator's latest versions have it incorporated, but as a demo version ("OMG Demo version" plastered over the top of the sequences).

You can view examples of it in use here:

flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMGexample1

1. Left picture frame above the bed.
Mouse interaction has been disabled, and the OMG sequence acts as a slideshow.

2. Mirror on wall between the bed and bathroom contains an OMG sequence of rotating bottles. Stop the autorotation and click the image to bring it out to full size where you can interact with it in it's full view. Click and hold mouse still for half a second to bring up the magnifying glass.

3. TV set contains a sequence of a rotating watch with transparent background. The moving setting for the watch is different than the one used for the rotating bottles.

Available settings:

Speed of rotation
Drag mode (Mouse Touch)
Autorotation on/off/on start
Magnifier on/off
Wrap on/off (meaning that the sequence will go from first image to the last and then continue to the first, or when not wrapped, the sequence will go from first image to the last, then backwards down to the first, which is useful if a partial object movie is at hand.
Reverse on/off (direction of rotation)
Setting initial frame can be done.

... and you can have the sequences static (on top of the screen) or distorted in the scene or floating in the scene (semi distorted).

You can record functions for OMG and treat the sequences as any other hotspot; have a toggle button to bring them into view and hide again (slide, appear, fade in... whatever).

Currently I am having problems with my hosting company... they have been messing with the servers (probably some image compression crap), causing panos to disappear, while the OMG works in black space. Hosting company claims to have no problems (and I have seen screenshots from them where things work as they should), while I can't see the panos, and a buddy of mine in Australia has the same issue - not seeing the panos.

Please feel free to download the project package and upload to your server to see how it is supposed to look (assuming you are not using the same hosting company):

flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMGexample1.zip

... and you are welcome to let me know if things worked out for you or not.
alert moderator
mediavets

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 10:23 GMT

Flashificator said:

Currently I am having problems with my hosting company... they have been messing with the servers (probably some image compression crap), causing panos to disappear, while the OMG works in black space. Hosting company claims to have no problems (and I have seen screenshots from them where things work as they should), while I can't see the panos, and a buddy of mine in Australia has the same issue - not seeing the panos.

I'm not seeing the panos either - here in the UK - but OMG demos are working in black space, as you describe.

Andrew
alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 13:00 GMT
updated: 3 Dec 2012 at 13:13 GMT
Thank you Andrew. I have spent a few hours talking to the people at Hostmonster, but without any success. This is the 3rd time this year this kind of a problem takes place, and they have not learned anything from the experience. The first time it took them several days to find the problem, which was due to them having added an image compression utility on their servers, and without excepting Flash related images, things went bad in some Flash projects. I have 18 domains hosted with them, all with the same problem, while hosting on a private dedicated server in the UK has no problems at all (and anywhere else outside the Blue-host empire). I will be looking for a new hosting company in the new year even if Hostmonster resolves this issue.

You can see a simple OMG example in this project:
atencionmedica.pe/static/ChatPanoWithOMG/
... and that very same project hosted on Hostmonster servers does not work:
flashificator.com/1/OMG/ChatPanoWithOMG/

(mouse click and move the mouse to the right side of the screen).

In the working example you find the OMG slideshow plastered on the end of the building to the right of the opening mountain view.

Again; Thank you for confirming the problem being there - it puts to sleep the claim by Hostmonster's support team this being a issue with my browser smile (having tested on my end with PC and Mac on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE10... all with the same result, while there were no problems only days ago).

And a little advice: Stay clear of Hostmonster/Bluehost services!

alert moderator
Smooth

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 14:40 GMT
I viewed it earlier today with Opera browser and one tile face failed to load. Just tested the same link again and it failed to load with Opera. Tried with Firefox and Chrome and both loaded fully, no issue.

When it fails now with Opera the loader fails to initiate. 0kb and Flashificator logo remains.

Regards, Smooth cool
www.omnipix.com.au
alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 15:06 GMT
updated: 3 Dec 2012 at 15:12 GMT
Thanks for having a look.

It is inconsistent, while most of the time it is not working (like 95% of the time it doesn't on my end... where I have still not encountered the remaining 5%)
Last night I managed to get 4 cubefaces to load at one point in time, and the next time I cleared the cache and reloaded, there was nothing.

Those kinds of bugs are the worst... and it doesn't help that the support teams at Hostmonster are in-house on their own network, and there they don't have the problem at all, which was established in the April incident.

I'll try installing Opera (haven't had Opera for years).

Edit:
I installed Opera, and there it works as it should. This is not good news... I would rather have it not working at all on all browsers outside the Hostmonster server building. That would make it less complicated to find the reason for this problem.

alert moderator
Flashificator

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 at 15:53 GMT
updated: 3 Dec 2012 at 16:01 GMT
And now it looks as if the hosting company has either fixed the problem, or they are working on it. In any case the examnples work right now. Hopefully it will last.

Edit:
Here a few exapmles where the object movie is presented without access to the pano:

flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMG_Test1/
flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMG_Test2/
flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMG_Test3/
flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMG_Test4/
flashificator.com/1/OMG/OMG_Test5/

alert moderator
regina

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:36 GMT
helo,
sorry but i know better than that i.e. www.dvrunlimited.com/acti-mega-pixel-camera

thanks!!
alert moderator