Thread: WebWalk Users for new functionality

back to threads list | this thread is closed
Search the forums:
Author  Message 
raphinology

WebWalk Users for new functionality
Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 20:28 GMT
Hi smile

I just wanted to extend a heads up to panoguide users that we've softly launched the WebWalk Authoring Suite. You can learn more about it at www.webwalk.com

WebWalk is a WebGL powered web portal that helps you create virtual experiences that have similarities to Google Streetview.

If you are interested in testing out some of our new features let me know. We're providing annual licenses in exchange for some solid feedback. I'm looking to fill about 5-10 spots.

Cheers!

Raphael
alert moderator
DennisS

Re: WebWalk Users for new functionality
Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 21:12 GMT
I could not find any examples.

I was stopped at one page with a notice that you support only FireFox and Chrome. No support for IE.
alert moderator
raphinology

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 22:31 GMT
updated: 28 Nov 2012 at 22:32 GMT
Hi Dennis,

If you you'd like to see some samples feel free to click on one of the logos. We're building a youtube style portal as I type this. So there will be 1,000's of samples very soon.

The authoring piece of our application heavily uses webGL which isn't supported by IE. sad But we're working on a solution to accommodate IE. We were going to use flash, but its super clunky. We're now looking towards silverlight. None of us here are that familiar with it just yet, but we'll certainly get there.

However, the actual viewing experience will soon fall back on flash. Here is an example of our flash engine:

Samsung - showcase.neustep.com/guide/i.php?ns=0000&pid=6019

VW - showcase.neustep.com/guide/i.php?ns=0000&pid=7785

Thanks for checking us out smile

Talk soon, Raphael

P.S. you've got some pretty sweet rides..
alert moderator
raphinology

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 at 15:44 GMT
Hello again,

After a little bit of feedback we've decided to offer a social payment option for our standard accounts. All it takes is a post or a tweet and you'll be a WebWalking machine. smile

Just go to WebWalk.com click on the "Sign Up" button fill our the required registration fields. You'll get an email confirmation. Click on the link in your email. Select the free option. Select the tweet or post option and you'll get instant access to WebWalk.

We're putting together a production series Google Hangout for those who are looking to learn more about the production process for WebWalk. More to come on this...

Talk soon,

Raphael
Founder @WebWalk
alert moderator